This training program combines a two course training track:
- Nutritional Consultant
- Fitness & Nutrition Coaching
The general public has come to realize that they can influence their own health. This insight has spurred an interest in personal wellness and created a desire for health information. There are differing views about what specifically constitutes health and wellness. In general, it can best be described as a blend of physical health and health sciences. Health is not just the absence of illness but it’s a feeling of overall well-being. This course takes a personalized approach that guides you through the development of an attainable and enjoyable fitness and wellness program. The program provides current, practical information and tips on health and fitness topics, from nutrition and stress management, to flexibility and strength.Each individual is responsible for their own personal health, but first they must be given proper information. As a Fitness & Nutrition Coach you will be able to provide people with information to improve their health and quality of life. In this course you will also learn more about developing a successful coaching business and marketing your coaching practice.
The Job Outlook
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects moderate job growth for dietitians and nutritionists through 2028. Awareness of and emphasis on wellness, nutrition and fitness have grown in recent decades. Demand for fitness and nutrition consulting is projected to remain strong.
Nutritional Consultant (270 Hours)
Although many people understand the importance of healthy nutrition habits and good fitness patterns, it is sometimes hard to accomplish goals on their own. A nutritional consultant can help clients adopt a healthy lifestyle. Our nutritional consultant training provides students with an exploration of how food nutrition contributes to the prevention of illness and the promotion of optimal health. Students will identify how to conduct in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluations and create food plans customized to each individual’s taste, temperament, and health goals. The fundamentals of whole food nutrition, digestive physiology, metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and current research are presented. Additionally, students will discover how healthy nutrition habits are used in the food industry. Our Nutritional Consultant course will give students the training they need to work with clients of all ages, backgrounds, and fitness level
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define healthy food guidelines
- Identify nutrition aids in health
- Recall the roles of various foods, vitamins and minerals and their impact on the body
- Identify how the food industry uses nutrition information credibly
- List nutritional needs throughout human development
Fitness and Nutrition Coaching (270 Hours)
Our Fitness and Nutrition Coaching course provides all the information you need to coach others to their optimal health. This comprehensive guide will show you all the aspects of health and wellness and how they can be applied to unique individuals. Health is not just the absence of illness but it’s a feeling of overall well-being. This course takes a personalized approach that guides you through the development of an attainable and enjoyable fitness and wellness program. Learn current,practical information and tips on health and fitness topics,from nutrition and stress management,to flexibility and strength.Each individual is responsible for their own personal health,but first they must be given proper information. As a Fitness & Nutrition Coach you will be able to provide people with information they can use to improve their quality of life. Students will also learn about developing a successful coaching business,marketing your practice,and growing profit
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of physical activity and nutrition for wellness
- Identify the steps for measuring body mass and assessing physical fitness
- Recall methods for building and maintaining muscular strength and flexibility
- Describe the importance of stress management and behavior modification for overall health
- List the steps for starting your own coaching business
Nutritional Consultant Module 1
Nutrition and You
- What is Nutrition?
- Individual Nutrients
- How Can Diet Improve Your Health?
- Assessing Nutritional Status
- Average American Diet
- Principles of Healthy Eating
- Dietary Reference Intakes
- MyPlate Food Guidance System
- Food Labels
Nutritional Consultant Module 2
- Processes and Organs Involved in Digestion
- How is Food Chemically Digested?
- How Nutrients are Absorbed
- How are Nutrients Transported throughout the Body?
- How Do We Digest and Absorb Carbohydrates
- How Do We Maintain Blood Glucose Levels?
- Dietary Fiber
- Carbohydrate Intake Recommendations
- Differences with Sugars
Nutritional Consultant Module 3
Lipids and Proteins
- Lipids Structure
- How Are Lipids Digested,Absorbed,& Transported in the Body?
- Functions of Lipids in the Body
- Daily Intake Triglycerides
- Trans Fat and Cholesterol
- Digesting and Absorbing Proteins
- Function of Protein in the Body
- How Much Protein Do You Need Daily?
Nutritional Consultant Module 4
- What is Alcohol?
- How is it Made?
- Why Do People Drink Alcohol?
- Alcohol Absorption Stomach and Small Intestine
- Alcohol Metabolized Stomach and Liver
- Alcohol Circulates in the Blood
- Gender,Genetics,and Ethnicity–Alcohol Blood Levels
- Immediate and Short Term Effects
- Long Term Effects
Nutritional Consultant Module 5
- What is Metabolism?
- Chemical Reactions
- Enzymes and Hormones Regulate Metabolism
- How Does ATP Fuel Metabolism?
- How Do the Macronutrients Provide ATP?
- Absorptive and Post-absorptive States
- How Does the Body Metabolize Alcohol?
Nutritional Consultant Module 6
- What are Vitamins?
- How Do Vitamins Differ in Their Absorption and Storage?
- What are Antioxidants?
- What’s the Best Source of Vitamins?
- Vitamins Destroyed During Cooking or Storage
- Some Vitamins are Fortified with Vitamins
Nutritional Consultant Module 7
- Primary Functions of Water-Soluble Vitamins
- Vitamin-Like Compounds
- Choline Helps Protect the Liver
- Carnitine,Lipoic Acid,and Inositol Are Needed for Overall Health
- The B Vitamins Act as Coenzymes in Many Metabolic Processes
- Water-Soluble Vitamins in Other Critical Roles
Nutritional Consultant Module 8
- Why is Water Essential to Life?
- How is Water Balance Maintained?
- How Do Water and Sodium Affect Blood Pressure?
- How Much Water Do You Need?
- Best Sources of Water
- Diuretics Affect on Water Balance
Nutritional Consultant Module 9
Major and Trace Minerals
- What are Minerals?
- Fluid Balance
- Participate as Cofactors
- Bones and Teeth
- Why Do We Need Trace Minerals?
- Trace Mineral Deficiencies
Nutritional Consultant Module 10
Energy Balance and Body Composition
- What is Energy Balance and Why is it Important?
- Food and Beverages Provide Energy
- Body Processes
- Total Daily Energy
- How to Measure Energy Expenditure
- How Body Composition is Assessed
- How Do We Estimate a Healthy Body Weight?
Nutritional Consultant Module 11
Weight Management,Nutrition,and Fitness
- How is Food Intake Regulated?
- How Do Fat Cells Form and Expand?
- Genetics and Environment Influence Obesity
- Healthy Weight Loss
- Why is Physical Fitness Important?
- Carbs,Fats,Proteins Used During Exercise
- Vitamins and Minerals Important for Fitness
- Fluid Intake Affect Fitness
Nutritional Consultant Module 12
Pregnancy Through Infancy
- Prenatal Development
- Nutrients and Health Behaviors
- Physiological Changes Occur in the Mother
- Second and Third Trimesters
- Formula Alternatives
- Infant’s Nutrient Needs
- Introduce Solid Foods
Nutritional Consultant Module 13
Toddlers Through Adolescence
- Nutritional Needs of Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Adults Influence on Eating Habits
- Nutritional Needs of School-Aged Children
- Nutrition-Related Issues School-Aged Children
- Nutritional Needs of Adolescents
- Nutritional Issues Affect Adolescents
Nutritional Consultant Module 14
- Demographics of Aging in America
- What Changes Occur as Part of the Aging Process?
- Nutrient Needs of Older Adults
- Nutrition-Related Health Concerns of Older Adults
- Socioeconomic and Psychological Issues
Nutritional Consultant Module 15
Food Safety,Global Nutrition,and Availability
- Foodborne Illnesses
- Food Supply Protection
- Food Additives,Hormones,and Antibiotics
- Sustainable Food System
- Hunger and Malnutrition
- Population Risks
- How Can We Reduce Hunger?
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 1
Physical Fitness and Wellness
- Life Expectancy
- Physical Activity
- Types of Physical Fitness
- Guidelines for Physical Fitnes
- Wellness Education
- Living in a Toxic Environment
- Personal Values and Behavior
- Planning and Willpower
- Behavior Change Theories
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 2
Nutritionand Weight Management
- A Healthy Balanced Diet
- Nutrient Supplementation
- Benefits of Food
- Iron Deficiency
- Body Composition
- Body Shape and Health Risk
- Weight Management in the Modern Environment
- Physiology of Weight Loss
- Types of Exercise
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 3
Endurance and Muscular Fitness
- Basic Cardiorespiratory Physiology
- Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercise
- Assessing Cardiorespiratory Endurance
- Benefits of Strength Training
- Gender Differences
- Factors that Affect Muscular Fitness
- Strength-Training Exercise
- Exercise Safety Guidelines
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 4
Muscular Flexibility and Fitness Programming
- Benefits of Good Flexibility
- Assessing Flexibility
- Flexibility Exercises
- Preventing and Rehabilitating Low Back Pain
- Exercise Prescription
- Skill-Related Fitness
- General Exercise Considerations
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Women’s Health and Exercise
- Exercise and Aging
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 5
- How the Body Adapts to Stress
- How Perception and Attitude Affect Health
- Sleep and Time Management
- How the Body Responds to Stress
- Forms of Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 6
Cancer and Addiction
- How Cancer Starts
- Genetic vs. Environmental Risk
- Dietary Changes
- Early Detection
- How Addiction Develops
- Drugs and Dependence
- Why People Smoke
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 7
Lifetime Fitness and Wellness
- Types and Causes of Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Four Most Common Bacterial STIs
- Four Most Common Viral STIs
- Preventing Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Life Expectancy and Physiological Age
- Conventional Western Medicine
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Self-Evaluation and Behavioral Goals
Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Module 8
Starting Your Coaching Business
- Consulting vs. Coaching
- Setting Up Your Business
- Choosing a Target Market
- Setting Up Your Office
- Finding Those First Clients
- Deciding How Much to Charge
- Creating Coaching Packages
- Keeping Those First Clients
- Sales and Marketing Systems
- Making a Profit
- Publicizing Your Business
- Hiring an Office Manager
**Outlines are subject to change,as courses and materials are updated.**
Nutritional Consultant (270 Hours).
Upon successful completion of our Nutritional Consultant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a nutritional coach and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Nutritional Coach (CNC).
NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Health and Fitness Coach (CHFC)